Petaluma Community Foundation is committed to solving problems by encouraging collaboration among service providers and providing grants that support a network of vital programs and services that improve the lives of youth, adults, families, and seniors in greater Petaluma.
For FY 2013/14, PCF plans to award up to a total of $100,000 in grants in varying amounts. The average grant award is $10,000. To qualify, organizations must have a current IRS 501(c)(3) designation.
Priority is given to those organizations that:
- Primarily serve the greater Petaluma area
- Collaborate with other organizations in addressing challenges and needs
- Provide direct services with a demonstrated positive impact
- Deliver programs that serve youth, adults, families, and/or seniors
The initial application is a 2 to 3 page Letter of Inquiry (Tax ID # included), due February 15, 2013, which provides the following information:
- Who: A very brief summary of your organization’s mission and primary goals
- What and How: A concise problem statement and measurable objectives that demonstrate positive impact in addressing the challenges identified that also includes how your organization collaborates with other local organizations in meeting these outcomes
- When: A timeframe for proposed activities
- Request: A specific request and how it relates to the total project or organizational budget
All applicants must include a current profit and loss statement and a projected budget for FY 2013/14.
Site visits will be conducted for those organizations selected for further consideration. Based on the site visit, additional information may be required. Final decisions will be made by the Grant Committee and announced mid-March. Awards will be disbursed in the beginning of July, 2013. Interim and final reports will be required to document use and impact of the grant award.
Applicants may contact Marilyn Segal, Executive Director, at 707.773.3863 or use our contact us form.